This was passed to me via http://bookofeucalypt.wordpress.com/ & I am supporting the writing of the Word Smiths from our Magickal community by passing it along. The words & art that follow are not mine except for the answers the 7 questions & the 5 nominated blogs (please scoll to the bottom for links to these wonderful writers).
- How did you “discover” Wicca/witchcraft?
I feel like I always new… Can’t really pinpoint a discovery moment. It became formalised for me at 16 when I bought my first deck of Tarot cards (The Herbal Tarot – http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/herbal/).
- Do you grow herbs?
Yes, several! And I use them in so many ways.
- Are you “in the broom closet”? If not, share your coming out experience
No, I am clearly a wytch, all who enter my space are able to see it. As this has been my path since I was a teenager everyone knows but not all of them want to know so unless they ask I do not elaborate. This is because usually when I tell people there is a moment of pause followed either by many questions or an uncomfortable change of subject.
- What tradition do you follow?
I am a Shamanic Wytch & draw my training from every spiritual teacher that will share with me. I have a very deep connection to Ancestral Magick.
- Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan or Pagan (or maybe something else?)
As I said above, I am a Shamanic Wytch.
- How much of witchcraft/Wicca are you able to incorporate into your everyday life?
Every breath, every word, every sensation, every movement, eveything I do every day is steeped in Magick.
- Do you have a familiar? If you do, tell us how you meet him/her and how s/he takes part in your practice (if at all)
I have a cat named Juniper who was gifted to me by another witch. She is my third cat familiar in this life time. She is drawn to any magick work that I do & is often quite giving of her energy during the process.
Today is a very special day. Not only is it Samhain, the most important Sabbat on the Wiccan Wheel of the year, but it is also the unveiling of a project Cassandra and I have been working on for a couple of months. Over the past weeks, we have both been graced with several blogging awards, but we couldn’t help but notice that none of the awards floating around were Wiccan in nature. And so, the idea was born to create an award specifically for Wiccans/Pagans/witches.
Thus the purpose of this award is to bring positive recognition to those bloggers who share their experiences on the less-traveled path, whether in the form of a journal or by standing up for themselves and others. Our award logo was a collaborate endeavor made with love that we are both very proud of. So without any further ado, onward to the details of the newest award to find its way to the blogsphere!
- Post the award logo within your blog post
- Thank the blogger who passed the award to you
- Answer the seven questions below
- Nominate five Wiccan/Pagan bloggers (If you don’t know five other Wiccan bloggers, nominate as many as you can)
- Notify your nominees of their pending award
- Give a short description of the blog/blogger and why you nominated them
- Stop by Ayslyn’s Corner and Book of Shadows to add your name to the list of bloggers awarded
- You may customize the questions as long as they are still Wiccan- and Pagan-related
The blogs I would like to nominate are-
- Silvers Threads http://silversthreads.com/2012/10/27/and-its-supposed-to-be-spring/
- Darrell’s Den http://darrellundery.wordpress.com/
- My Craft & Sullen Art http://annua-mycraftandsullenart.blogspot.com.au/
- The Musings of a High Priestess http://templedarkmoon.blogspot.com.au/
- The Witch of the Forest Grove http://witchofforestgrove.com/